Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DH will go spare if he knew I was posting this! I need some suggestions as to what this to convince him to go to GPs!

(10 Posts)
saltire Sat 02-Aug-08 20:55:12

He had very dry, white flaky patches on his hands, which appeared last weeka nd we assumed was becasue of the water at my mums. Then his "bits" started going blotchy and red, like little red spots. He was using canestan cream as he thought it was thrush. Today his hands are all red and blotchy, and there are red flaky patches appeared on his wirst and arms, some very small, no bigger than a pea! The red blotches are back on his bits as well.
I want him to go to the GP, but he, typical man says "Oh I'll just apply canestan and it will go".
Any suggestions?

Hobnob76 Sat 02-Aug-08 21:00:47

Could it be psoriasis ?

DontNeedAnything Sat 02-Aug-08 21:23:22

I wondered Psoriasis too...especially if it is symetrical.

Not sure you can get psoriasis on your "bits" though...and not sure that I want to google for you

DontNeedAnything Sat 02-Aug-08 21:25:19

havn't actually openined this link <DP is behind me> but apparently teh penis can be one of the first areas for psrais to develop.

I would urge him to go to GP to try and get it under control sooner rather than later.

I think sunlight helps with psoriasis so maybe you should think about taking up naturism

spudballoo Sat 02-Aug-08 21:27:28

I would also suggest psoriasis. He needs to see a GP. But, from experience, I know how hard it can be to persuade a 'it'll be ok' male to do so! Not least, but don't tell him, because there is no cure for psoriasis, although it can be kept under control.

Good luck!

NigellaTheOriginal Sat 02-Aug-08 21:30:23

ringworm?
actually a fungus not a worm but easily treatable

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 03-Aug-08 16:07:22

You can get psoriasis on your bits blush

chapstickchick Sun 03-Aug-08 16:13:14

it could be dermatitis?

choosyfloosy Sun 03-Aug-08 16:15:35

Psoriasis certainly sounds possible.

I find that bursting into tears and saying 'Darling I'm so worried about you' can engage the protective instinct and cause him to head for the GP.

I personally would suggest not having sex with him until he finds out what it is. That may engage another instinct altogether.

CarGirl Sun 03-Aug-08 16:18:02

dd has psoriasis on her bits sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now