Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can someone tell me a bit more about uterine prolapse and whether I can have another baby?

(2 Posts)
Kyte Sat 02-Aug-08 20:21:32

I've been to see a consultant at the hospital. He says I have "not much of a prolapse" but that the 4 hour pushing phase (because the controller wouldn't send an ambulance for ages!!) has done permanent damage to my muscles/ligaments. Oh and I have scar tissue from a 3rd degree tear that'll need fixing.

They are going to do some urinary etc tests because of poor pelvic floor function...but the word prolapse has me a bit freaked.

Does this mean I shouldn't have more kids? (only had the one) What are they likely to suggest in the way of operations etc? If I did get pg again, what would the implications be?

I know it's a lot of questions but it would really help me to understand what's going in, if you could help with answers, please.

Thanks

Evenstar Sat 02-Aug-08 23:34:52

My grandmother had a prolapse, but she didn't have a repair, she had something called a ring pessary that held everything in. I don't know about the implications for future pregnancies as she was past childbearing age when it happened to her after 6 children, as far as I know there are repair operations available, when you have another appointment could you ask some questions or if your GP is sympathetic pop in and see them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now