Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does eating Marmite keep mosquitoes away?

(7 Posts)
bluewolf Sat 02-Aug-08 20:00:43

Any free solutions for not getting eaten by insects. Preferably things I already have in kitchen. Skint and covered in massive lumps so can't even lap dance for pennies anymore

zippitippitoes Sat 02-Aug-08 20:01:55

it might stop them biting as high in vit b and that does

bluewolf Sat 02-Aug-08 20:03:17

what else is vit b in?

psychomum5 Sat 02-Aug-08 20:06:14

no idea on marmite but apparently if you eat a lot of garlic you are bitten less.

I eat lots (I probably smell thereforeblush), but I do get that bitten, if ever.

altho, it is all to do with body heat anyway. higher your normal body temp, the more chence you will be bitten as they head for the highest heat source.

I am always cold, so it works well for me

bluewolf Sat 02-Aug-08 20:11:03

Do you reckon its cos I'm on the rag? Does that make you hotter as well as stink of blood? Garlic would be a dream come true as a solution becos I love it

BlaDeBla Sun 03-Aug-08 19:11:51

Try to smell like a poisonous plantgrin, or something else the buggers don't like. Can you use Deet? Citronella is supposed to work but it's not all that effective. I've heard somewhere (???) that if you're undercover you're less likely to be bitten... So, out with the umbrella on a gorgeous summer evening!

ivykaty44 Sun 03-Aug-08 19:12:54

fake tan works for me smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now