Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ds is 6.4 years and has not yet lost a milk tooth - is this normal?

(18 Posts)
DrNortherner Sat 02-Aug-08 16:05:24

All of his friends have and some are younger than him and have lost a few and have adult teeth in place!

Ds is getting very impatient!

oopsacoconut Sat 02-Aug-08 16:12:15

Hi

I am a nanny and the little girl i look after has only just lost her first tooth in time for her 8th Birthday. We just told her the longer she keeps them the less time the 'big' teeth have to be out there and she has less chance of needing fillings if she looks after them. She only got her first tooth at 15 months so late all roundwith regard to teeth.

Gobbledigook Sat 02-Aug-08 16:13:33

Yes - can't remember how old ds1 was but it was after a lot of his friends. It was only in the last 12 months or so, so between 6.5 and 7.5.

Ds2 is 5.9 and no sign of any wobblers yet

DrNortherner Sat 02-Aug-08 16:14:09

Ah, ds was late getting his teeth too smile

Seeline Sat 02-Aug-08 16:15:19

My DS is 6.8 and has no wobblers either - he teethed quite early though. First teeth at about 4 months I think - I know i was BFing [ouch emoticon]!

charliecat Sat 02-Aug-08 16:16:41

dd1 was 7 before she lost one..makes it all the more eventful when it does happen tell him!

Walkthedinosaur Sat 02-Aug-08 16:22:43

DS is just turned 6 and not a wobbler in his mouth - loads of his friends have started losing their teeth and he's feeling a bit left out too.

PrincessPeaHead Sat 02-Aug-08 16:46:55

ds1 was 7
I understand that if they have late teething (milk teeth) they have late secondary dentition

I was also told that the longer they are in the gums the stronger the enamel they are putting down, so late dentition is generally good

but that might be bolleaux grin

Dior Sat 02-Aug-08 16:52:58

Message withdrawn

MaryAnnSingleton Sat 02-Aug-08 16:54:03

yes,normal - ds didn't lose any until he was around 6

SoMuchToBits Sat 02-Aug-08 17:01:46

Ds lost his first when he was just over 7. He has still only lost two, and he is now 7 and 8 months.

DrNortherner Sat 02-Aug-08 17:03:49

I like your theory PPH!

In fact, My mum says I was late getting mine and I have lovely nashers now.

<flashes pearly whites>

LovelyDear Sat 02-Aug-08 19:42:20

i think my ds beats most of these - lost the first one well into his 8th year - can't remember exactly when. still only lost the front 4 at 8 yrs 9 mths. runs in the family.

psychomum5 Sat 02-Aug-08 19:45:15

my DS2 (6ys) is the same.

he was my latest teether tho, and now seems to be the latest at losing them

DD3 had teeth very very early, and lost them very early too.......seems to be a pattern with teeth (in my lot at least).

there is a friend of DS1 however who has only just lost his first tooth, and they are 8 and about to go into yr4!!!

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 02-Aug-08 19:47:02

NOw (a stiff drink later) I've got over the earlier ds1 tooth trauma can answer this. DS2 will be 7 in January. Nothing even wobbly yet. He's the last in his class.

TrinityRhino Sat 02-Aug-08 19:47:35

dd1 is 8.5 and has just started to grow a second tooth behind her baby one

not a single baby one lost yet

katebee Sat 02-Aug-08 21:31:36

My DS is 6.4 and no wobbly teeth yet. He started teething early as a baby so I'm not sure why he hasn't lost any teeth yet. I'm worried that by the time he loses a tooth he will no longer believe in the tooth fairy!

I think a row of milk teeth look better than the odd big tooth and gap so am happy that he is holding on to the milk teeth for now.

gemprincess Sat 02-Aug-08 22:32:31

My dd lost her first baby tooth 6 months ago, she has lost 4 in total and is 8 years old.. I was worried as i did not loose many of mine naturally and had them removed at 11. Just relax and go with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now