Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS1 seems to have lost an adult canine tooth- help!

(37 Posts)
jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 02-Aug-08 16:02:59

No idea how, he came downstairs crying (no bumps or thumps preceeding). Lower left canine is missing. Can't find tooth. Waiting for emergency dental co-ordinator to ring back. DS1 looks as if he is in agony. Howling the place down.

Any advice.

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 02-Aug-08 16:09:56

bump

charliecat Sat 02-Aug-08 16:11:34

no idea see if someone can find tooth? Put it in milk or is that an old wives tail?
Is there bloody splattered somewhere so you can roughly locate where it might be?
Poor boy

HumphreyPillow Sat 02-Aug-08 16:13:41

I heard the milk thing too, charlie.
Poor DS1, jimjams. sad
Will he take some pain medication?
A bag of frozen peas to the jaw will help with the pain.

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 02-Aug-08 16:17:33

I've given calpol. Have no idea where tooth is. Suspect he's swallowed it. Will go and look again.

charliecat Sat 02-Aug-08 16:19:36

Shit, hassle the dental person? Ask if you should bother looking for tooth?

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 02-Aug-08 16:24:07

No can't find it. Never managed to find a baby tooth of his and no sign of this. Wish I could then I would know whether it had broken or whether roots etc have come out as well.

charliecat Sat 02-Aug-08 16:26:18

hmm, if they x ray him you will find out, is there any chance thats could happen?
If the root has stayed what will that mean? I would imagine if hes really smacked it it will have came out whole?

MrsWeasley Sat 02-Aug-08 16:29:41

you are right about the milk. If you ever have an adult tooth knocked out put it in milk and get to a dentist or A&E as soon as possible.

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 02-Aug-08 16:30:17

I don't think he's smacked it though. No sign of a bump or crash. They didn't manage to get an ankle x-ray, but then they were asking him to hold his leg in a position which hurt. If someone can hold him a jaw might be easier.

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 02-Aug-08 16:30:48

Really can't find tooth anywhere. Will go and look on his seat.

charliecat Sat 02-Aug-08 16:31:08

how odd. Has he had the pliers out?grin
Is he ok now?

charliecat Sat 02-Aug-08 16:31:08

how odd. Has he had the pliers out?grin
Is he ok now?

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 02-Aug-08 16:36:35

Ok I asked him where his tooth was and he pointed to the car (we were in the car earlier). I went out there and he was right. But it's only half the tooth. And it's hollow.

No sign of blasted emergency dentist ringing back.

charliecat Sat 02-Aug-08 16:38:16

Hmm it could be a week before they do i bet<eeek>
So if its half then it cant be milked and fixed.
At least you know now.
If you had asked him first instead of riffling aboutgrin

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sat 02-Aug-08 16:38:24

How odd, it might be best if they don't ring back for half an hour or so, because if they say to you come straight in, is he is going to get upset.??

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 02-Aug-08 16:40:03

He loves going to the hospital and/or dentist - in fact I mentioned the word dentist and he's got his shoes on.

Unfortunately parent's are away which means that one person will have to manage him which is almost impossible at A&E.

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 02-Aug-08 16:44:18

Oh ffs. No dental services unitl 10am tomorrow.

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sat 02-Aug-08 16:44:46

Do you have any neighbours you can leave the children with ??

Where are you?? Can any of us help ??

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sat 02-Aug-08 16:45:07

Fuckety Fuck

MrsWeasley Sat 02-Aug-08 16:57:49

A&E ??

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 02-Aug-08 16:59:35

Phew SIL is a dentist. Finally got hold of her and managed to send her photos of tooth. She says it's definitely a baby tooth (I could swear he'd lost the canines).

So will cancel emergency dentist appointment tomorrow.

DS1 is now screaming house down because I told him he was going to the dentist hmm so I need to think of somewhere else to go.

watsthestory Sat 02-Aug-08 17:00:10

Message withdrawn

watsthestory Sat 02-Aug-08 17:00:50

Message withdrawn

LIZS Sat 02-Aug-08 17:03:16

oh crumbs what a nightmare . Hope you manage to calm him down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now