Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bone cyst

(4 Posts)
rachaelsara Fri 01-Aug-08 23:16:52

Help anyone? DD broke her arm 5 weeks ago, big lump and still sore. Broke when she fell off a pony, but weakness caused by cyst. Should pain be increasing now?

rachaelsara Fri 01-Aug-08 23:21:24

Bump wink

rachaelsara Fri 01-Aug-08 23:25:22

Please

vole3 Sat 02-Aug-08 10:16:16

Which part of her arm did she break?
Is she still in plaster or has it been removed?
Has she injured it again in any way?
Can she move her fingers and are they pink and warm?

Chances are that as she was feeling better and able to use it more, she may have overdone things and may have bumped it again.
I presume she has got another appointment with fracture clinic to check progress, if not it would be worth calling your local A&E and asking for advice.

Bone cysts are a common developmental anomaly and most of them will fill in as you get older ie. once she stops growing.
However, it is a weakness in a given spot and is prone to reinjury. It shouldn't stop her from doing things she enjoys, but she should be aware that if it does start to become painful, she needs to seek advice sooner rather than later!

I now am on first name terms with the mum of a little boy who I first x-rayed about 6 years ago when he was 5 and broke his upper arm due to a bone cyst and being a typical boy! He has been back at least once every 6 months, either for routine check ups or because he has been unlucky and cracked it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now