Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

thrush type symptoms but two treatments ahve not cl;eared it up.what IS it???

(23 Posts)
MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Fri 01-Aug-08 15:56:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

scorpio1 Fri 01-Aug-08 15:57:16

bacterial vaginosis? google it

sorry am bf-ing cant type v well

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Fri 01-Aug-08 16:09:04

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Fri 01-Aug-08 17:09:38

scorpio1 Fri 01-Aug-08 17:37:03

lol @ barf

Maybe just a bad case of thrush? or lichen sclerosis? (sp?)

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Fri 01-Aug-08 19:33:29

AvenaLife Fri 01-Aug-08 19:37:34

Maybe the medication you have taken hasn't been strong enough to get rid of it. Thrush can be an absolute nightmare to clear up.

2cats2many Fri 01-Aug-08 19:37:38

My friend was telling me just last night about a time when she had what she thought was really bad thrush. She tried cream after cream to get rid of it, but it wouldn't clear up.

It turns out that it was actually athletes foot. She'd wiped both her foot and her fanjo with the same towel and spread it.

Possibility??

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Fri 01-Aug-08 19:38:57

cyteen Fri 01-Aug-08 19:41:16

Is it possible your partner's got thrush and is passing it back to you?

constancereader Fri 01-Aug-08 19:42:26

probably still thrush

can be awful to get rid of

have you tried the pessary?

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Fri 01-Aug-08 19:42:32

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Fri 01-Aug-08 19:43:13

DumbledoresGirl Fri 01-Aug-08 19:43:20

Has partner treated himself too? I have it (I think, it is very mild if it is thrush) right now too. I got it 6 weeks ago and got rid of it with pessaries and cream but dh only half-heartedly put cream on and so now I have it again. angry

This time, dh and I have both taken a pill and are using the cream (dh been told to use it twice a day for 2 weeks). He has no symptoms but I am hoping this is going to clear it up otherwise I am going to be following you down the swab route. sad

bran Fri 01-Aug-08 19:45:18

Have you had your urine tested for sugar? I had stubborn recurring thrush for a couple of months and it turned out to be a first symptom of type-2 diabetes.

TwoWashTutter Fri 01-Aug-08 19:45:52

i was similarly confused a few months ago

turns out mine was due to bfing - hormonal ishoos meaning <<coughs politely>> a few looobrication issues were causing tiny grazes during intercours

v blush having a prescription for foreplay from consultant (really)

CarGirl Fri 01-Aug-08 19:46:38

they kept insisting dd had thrush (for a year), it was strep A in the end

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Fri 01-Aug-08 19:47:48

scotchtape Fri 01-Aug-08 20:01:47

The cream treats the symptoms but doesn't clear it up. Oral treatments don't treat all types of thrush. The pessary is better. I'm in the same boat. I've probably had 10 bouts of something in the past 2 years but it doesn't respond to thrush treatments and nothing shows up on swabs. DH has been tested and he doesn't have thrush. I was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis during my first pregnency but the GP suggested waiting until after the birth before treatment as I had no symptoms and then my results vanished so I didn't get treated. I think my GP thinks I am a hyperchondriac who loves vaginal swabs.

mousemole Fri 01-Aug-08 20:05:48

candida ? Google that and see what you think. Best way to cure that is cut out ALL sugar including fruit from your diet for a few weeks. Boring as hell but I did it for same reason and lost a stone in the process which was lovely.

BasementBear Sat 02-Aug-08 14:50:17

What Scorpio said, bacterial vaginosis. Can't remember what the treatment was, but was diagnosed with this eventually after having what seemed to be recurrent thrush. I know it's a pain, but you really have to go to GP and get it tested because symptoms can seem similar to thrush.

kiddiz Sun 03-Aug-08 00:14:28

What form of contraception do you use? My "thrush" turned out to be an allergy to latex or possibly spermicides which developed in my 40s.

GentlyWorryTheAnimal Sun 03-Aug-08 00:17:32

I agree with BV - I took pills for thrush and it did sod all, went to GU Clinic (decided I would rather see someone who pokes about with fanjos all day rather than a GP) and it was BV & a very bad case of thrush.

I wasn't the teeniest bit fishy.

Horribly strong antibiotics that made me feel like shit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now