Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it possible to have a period every two weeks? Getting really fed up now

(5 Posts)
Jen99 Fri 01-Aug-08 12:34:41

DS was born by CS in Jan this year and I have been bleeding on and off ever since. After numerous trips to the GP finally got an appointment for a TV scan at the hopsital and discovered I had a small amount of retained placenta and was given antibiotics - this was in April. Was still getting irregular bleeding and discharge and was given another scan which showed there was nothing there. Since the beginning of June I have been bleeding very 2 weeks for 5-7 days and it is just like a period. I am on the mini pill and have been since my 6 week post-natal check. Getting really worried and fed up with this. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Seona1973 Fri 01-Aug-08 12:40:45

its probably the mini-pill - it is very common to have irregular bleeding with it. I had periods every 2 weeks with both femulen and micronor and have now switched to cerazette and havent had a bleed now for 11 months - bliss!!

MuffinMclay Fri 01-Aug-08 12:47:08

Same here. I've been on micronor for 4 months and had one month of non-stop bleeding (albeit light), then bleeding on and off ever since. My GP said that if this hadn't settled down into a normal 28 day cycle after 6 months that she'd recommend changing from the mini pill.

Fizzylemonade Mon 04-Aug-08 15:07:24

Jen99 agree wholheartedly with Seona1973 it will be the mini pill. Which one are you on?

I have been on the mini pill on and off before and after babies for a few years and changed twice due to break through bleeding. Like Seona1973 I was on femulen and I am now on Cerazette.

Cerazette is fantastic!!! The bonus is that I have a period every 2-3 months!!! This helps me because I have horrendous periods as I have endometriosis.

You may find that your periods just stop altogether. I am different as I have gynae problems with the endometriosis.

Google Cerazette and ask your GP about it.

Rosieglow Mon 04-Aug-08 16:03:02

I had irregular periods on cerazette - could go 2 months with nothing or have 3 in one month. I've gone back on a combined pill but maybe a different mini-pill would work for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now