Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Drier nappies than normal

(4 Posts)
Pinkjenny Fri 01-Aug-08 10:28:17

Dd (14mo) has a really heavy cold and cough, but no D&V (touch wood), and is dribbling like a good'un cutting her incisors. Over the last couple of days, her nappies have seemed a little drier than normal, although she is not dehydrated and is drinking fine.

I have done a search of previous threads and it looks like this is fairly common when babies are a little under the weather. But obviously, because I'm a worrier, I'm thinking maybe a urine infection?

Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom?

caribee Fri 01-Aug-08 10:29:41

prob dried due to the heat and a fever. they will sweat more, though you may not see it if most is evaporating straight from the skin rather than forming beads of sweat.

Pinkjenny Fri 01-Aug-08 10:30:20

She doesn't have a temperature though.

caribee Fri 01-Aug-08 10:33:25

i'd say the heat then and stop worrying. never had a child with a urine infection but surely a UTI would make a child scream when trying to pass the smallest drop of a wee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now