Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Had no idea my DH was so squeamish ......

(6 Posts)
sandyballs Thu 10-Feb-05 10:59:50

...... dd (nearly 4) fell backwards off the sofa last night, splitting the back of her head on the corner of the radiator, blood everywhere, poor little mite screaming the place down obviously.

Her sister (nearly 4)is also screaming and crying "my sister, my sister, my poor sister",
complete chaos. So what does dh do ...... runs out the room, clutching his stomach saying "I feel sick, I can't do blood". Pleeeeasssse.
Feel very p**ed off with him this morning.

secur Thu 10-Feb-05 11:01:52

Message withdrawn

JanH Thu 10-Feb-05 11:03:41

We have a friend like that - he actually has fainted at the sight of blood! He can't help it, sb - it's a phobia I suppose - it wouldn't have helped if he had stayed and vomited!

How bad was her head? How is she this morning? (And her poor sister?)

Lonelymum Thu 10-Feb-05 11:07:08

Oh I feel sorry for your dh. He clearly has a problem with blood (as do lots of people) and I think he did better to run away than to stay there and be sick or faint or whatever.

As someone who responds in just the same way when I see vomit, I know how he feels. I know it is tough on you, but if you have no problem with blood (as my dh has no problem with vomit) do the decent thing and don't give him a hard time. It won't help him. If he feels like me, he probably already feels bad enough that he was unable to help his dd in her hour of need. That is a very hard thing to deal with, believe me.

sandyballs Thu 10-Feb-05 11:27:16

I suppose, like you say, he can't help how he feels about these things! And it would have been worse if he'd been sick everywhere! He did feel a bit guilty afterwards.

I took DD to A&E as I couldn't really see how bad the cut was because of the blood and her hair - they cleaned her up and glued it together. She seems fine this morning - pleased to have a morning off nursery!

secur Thu 10-Feb-05 11:40:11

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now