Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dd just had major vomit, what could be causing this?

(4 Posts)
cheapdate Thu 31-Jul-08 18:56:03

Dd (pfb!)is 28 weeks and breastfed, with some solids introduced at 26 weeks. She has just had a massive vomit - what looked like the entire contents of her stomach - out of the blue. Although she was quite a sicky baby for her first few months she has grown out of this and certainly never vomited anything near the amount that has just come back up. (My jeans look as though I have had a bucket of water thrown into my lap!) She was quite happy before, and immediately after, being sick and has now had a milk feed which has - so far - stayed down. No temperature or any other symptoms.

The exact same thing happened on Monday of last week, and when I spoke to the HV at my local clinic she put it down to a stomach bug but now I'm beginning to wonder if there's anything else that could be causing it? In typical pfb fashion I am fretting that I'm not cleaning her food bowls carefully enough or that she has picked something up from the carpet whilst scooting around it backwards this afternoon!

Should I just put this down to dd encountering new and different germs as she starts to explore or do I need to be more worried? When the sickness was a one-off it bothered me less but now it's happened again it's worrying me bit. Am sure someone will be along in a minute to tell me to chill out but you know what it's like when you're dealing with stuff on your own... blush

cheapdate Thu 31-Jul-08 19:08:06

Puppie Thu 31-Jul-08 20:58:30

HI cheapdate. I can only tell you what caused these big vomits with my DS and it was wind. It took me many months of agonising and worrying (like you started getting paranoid about cleaning) before I actually believed that wind could cause him to projectile vomit the whole contents of his stomach up and it used to come through his nose too bless him.

Now I make sure even at 11 months that I wind him after every feed because if I dont it builds up during the day and sure as eggs he will vomit in the evening.

Something for you to consider anyway (if you havent already)

cheapdate Thu 31-Jul-08 22:33:48

Thanks Puppie, I hadn't thought of that - or hadn't thought that wind could cause such a lot of sick! - but I'll give it a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now