Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why do I feel so awful today? Suggestions would be terribly welcome

(12 Posts)
WideWebWitch Thu 10-Feb-05 09:35:33

Any ideas anyone? Sorry, this is long and boring. I went to bed later than normal at 11.45pm last night and woke up at 6.30am when dd did. I am on a diet but am eating lots of fruit, veg, fish etc and I'm drinking lots of water. I'm not going under 1,500 cals a day and sometimes over. I usually walk to school so walk for at least an hour a day most days. I haven't had any alcohol since startng my diet on Jan 5th. Dd's sleeping has been quite crap for a while but dp and I do every other night so I do get one night in 2 off. So why this morning does my skin look like crap and why do I feel slightly anxious and jittery. I do usually have 3 teaspoons of coffee first thing (aah, so that's it I expect you're thinking, no wonder!) BUT then that's it, I don't drink it for the rest of the day. I've been doing that for 7 years so today was no different to usual so why would that affect me today when it doesn't normally? I so rarely get spots and yet today I look like a blinking teenager. I'm 38 btw. Any suggestions appreciated. I suppose I did go to bed without taking my make up off last night but I've been doing that for years so I doubt it's that. TIA.

Beetroot Thu 10-Feb-05 09:39:03

Message withdrawn

batters Thu 10-Feb-05 09:47:09

hmm, maybe your body is going through a belated sort of detox, www? Sorry - that probably isn't helping much. Skin IMO takes a little while to react to stuff, so not taking off your makeup wouldn't have affected your skin so quickly.

I hope you get better advice from others, and that you feel better soon.

PS You don't look 38, you really don't!!

xxxxxxx

moondog Thu 10-Feb-05 09:48:04

Time of year and light deprivation?
Long term effect of waking for dd?
Just one of those things?

Whaddya mean three teaspoons of coffee? Three straight from the jar? Three in one cup?

WideWebWitch Thu 10-Feb-05 10:14:45

Thanks Batters, thank you very much! Moondog, yes, 3 teaspoons in one big cup (like a French hot chocolate cup bowl thing), I know, it's something I ought to cut down on but it is the only coffee I drink all day usually. Beety, maybe I was in a deep sleep at 6.30 and yes, maybe it is long term sleep deprivation. I have fantasies about a hotel room with egyptian cotton sheets, a super king size bed, curtains so thick you don't know what time it is and days and days to sleep and recharge my batteries. I think that's what I need actually, a catch up. My skin was awful the other day but recovered after a good nights sleep. <sigh> So that's probably the root of it. She will sleep at some point I guess. Thanks.

WideWebWitch Thu 10-Feb-05 10:16:18

Beety, AF was last week so I should be feeling wonderful! And I hate the summer, love the drizzle so it's not the weather.

WideWebWitch Thu 10-Feb-05 10:16:59

It is lack of sleep, I am convinced of it.

anorak Thu 10-Feb-05 10:18:24

As Beetroot says, time of month?

Detoxing?

Coming down with a bug?

Do you sleep with the window open? I find this makes a real difference to how I feel in the morning. Breathing in expired air all night can make you feel really crappy.

anorak Thu 10-Feb-05 10:19:39

Ah yes, sleep.

I think we need more sleep in the winter than in the summer. It's only natural.

WideWebWitch Thu 10-Feb-05 10:21:37

OMG, I've just tohught, I slept downstairs (long story) And the gas bloke said the vent to the boiler (which is in the floor) should be left uncovered but we haven't got around to taking the blanket box off the vent because we haven't got a grille thing for it and we had a rat last year and thought it would come back if we left a hole open. I BET that's it. Plus I need MORE sleep. Durr. Thanks.

batters Thu 10-Feb-05 10:31:56

www - just thought. Years ago I spent a few weeks feeling generally pretty crap and my skin went ape. Turned out there was a gas leak in the room right next to my bedroom. Could you have a gas leak?

WideWebWitch Thu 10-Feb-05 10:33:29

I might go and get a carbon monoxide detector thing. Plus a grille for that hole. And open some windows. And get an early night! If you see me here after 9pm bollock me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now