Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this really just period pains?

(17 Posts)
lulabelle Thu 31-Jul-08 09:22:23

I'm in the most horrendous pain, it is worse on my left side (if it was the right side I would think it was appendicitis!! It is like severe stitch and it really really hurts.

My periods have always been very irregular and for long periods non-existent. I had a period on the 6th July and exactly one week before I had very similar pains. I worked out if I'm going to have 28 day cycles this is about the same time again.

Can these pains really be that bad? What can I do to soothe, painkillers aren't touching it sad

nailpolish Thu 31-Jul-08 09:23:13

i have bad period pains today too

it goes right down my thighs

get a hot water bottle and hold it against your tummy

lulabelle Thu 31-Jul-08 10:20:04

is yours more on one side than the other, I'm sat at work crying with it, its hurts so much

lulabelle Thu 31-Jul-08 10:21:25

I feel really sleepy just want to lie down in bed

TheDevilWearsPrimark Thu 31-Jul-08 10:22:13

Have you explored the possibility of it being ovarian cysts?

I had these as a teenager and my periods were unbearable, I had the same as you, just on my right side.

lulabelle Thu 31-Jul-08 10:24:32

I do have PCOS. I can't see a doctor until Monday, would I be wasting their time in A&E? I'm in such pain, I'm going to have to go home

LynetteScavo Thu 31-Jul-08 10:25:43

I've heard apendecituus (sp?) starts on the left and moves to the right.

Why are you still at work?

lulabelle Thu 31-Jul-08 10:26:00

Devil, was your pain quite sharp? I've had the dull tummy aches before but this is like contractions!!

singyswife Thu 31-Jul-08 10:26:22

Phone the gp and tell them you must have an appointment TODAY. Speak to a dr and make them see you.

lulabelle Thu 31-Jul-08 10:26:45

but I had very same last month don't think it is appendicitis (hoping)

singyswife Thu 31-Jul-08 10:31:29

Sometimes people get grumbling appendix when the are due their pd. I would def phone the gp and get home.

lulabelle Thu 31-Jul-08 10:40:29

its very odd though how I got the same thing exact week before was due last month? I noticed yesterday I had very dark urine, I though I had started my AF. Day before had lots of EWCM and thought I was ovulating?? I'm so confused??

TheDevilWearsPrimark Thu 31-Jul-08 12:56:29

I would go to A&E to be honest, hey are likely to do a scan there and then.

Going to your GP and waiting for a referral could take ages.

EffiePerine Thu 31-Jul-08 13:00:47

go to A&E

TheDevilWearsPrimark Thu 31-Jul-08 13:05:16

Yes, they were very sharp. The very worst was when one had burst.

I've had appendicitis and it was nothing like you've described.

It's a possibility it could be endometriotis too, or adhesions?

Hope you are okay, do come back and let us know

zazen Thu 31-Jul-08 13:05:41

You had EWCM? sounds like an ovluation - or ovarian cyst to me. poor you - I had this when a teen and i remember passing out with the pain. Go to AnE. Keep us posted.

SubRosa Thu 31-Jul-08 14:55:30

Hope you've managed to get to A&E. I had these symptoms, it was due to an ovarian cyst. Please let us know how you get on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now