Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does malt in things make you go funny?

(10 Posts)
Flightputsonahat Thu 31-Jul-08 07:18:15

Odd question I know butI'm feeling really hung over this morning, and all I had yesterday that was different, was some maltesers (probably quite a few blush)
I have had strange feelings before if I had granary bread for a few days, my mother hmm says it is the malt. Makes you sleepy apparently?

I have just got over mastitis and boob is hurting again despite 5 days of ab's so it could be that. Temp only about 37.5 so not out of normalish range.

I feel like I can hardly move! Beer has malt in it yes?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Buda Thu 31-Jul-08 07:19:48

No - you are just funny anyway!!! grin

I suppose it could do but could be a blood sugar dip from the sugar in the maltesers.

littlelapin Thu 31-Jul-08 07:20:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NoBiggy Thu 31-Jul-08 07:22:23

It's roasted barley isn't it?

Beer is made with malt, for flavour and sugar.

Malt makes you sleepy...dunno, sorry.

Flightputsonahat Thu 31-Jul-08 07:24:09

<<Points at Buda and laughs>>

Funny yourself!! grinwink

Yes I did have rather a lot blush

I am not used to them you see these days.
It was a really silly thing to buy a whole big box cheapo in Wilkinsons. I must have been mad.

Can't go back to Dr this morn as we have plumber coming. sad

Lapin how is boy? It does sound a bit relentless, I hate it when mine are hot. Have some post modern mumsnet hugs x

Flightputsonahat Thu 31-Jul-08 07:25:13

Does anyone want some maltesers? There are loads left, maybe five at least blush

littlelapin Thu 31-Jul-08 07:26:25

NoBiggy Thu 31-Jul-08 07:27:06

They're being sold cheap lots of places at the moment. Stock up for Malteser Tiffin (I had the remnants of a box last night myself).

littlelapin Thu 31-Jul-08 07:27:24

Flightputsonahat Thu 31-Jul-08 07:31:13

Goodness no! wink

I am on duty 24/7 in these parts. I would be really sad if I had beer on my own wouldn't I? No, one day there will be a backlash and I shall get royally pished...prob when kids are 20 or so...smile

Glad he seems so energetic - I hope you're right and this is the peak, as it were. It's got to be the worst part of parenthood hasn't it! Let us know how he goes today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now