Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pill Side Effects

(10 Posts)
Zebraa Thu 31-Jul-08 00:33:49

I'm about a week into my second month of the pill and since going on it I've had really bad back and leg ache, sore boobs and like a shooting period time pain just above the pubic bone. I'm starting to feel a bit worried, are these side effects normal?

Zebraa Thu 31-Jul-08 00:34:21

type*

thumbwitch Thu 31-Jul-08 00:36:08

is it both legs or just one? is the leg hot and swollen?

Zebraa Thu 31-Jul-08 00:40:33

It changes, it's mostly my left leg which made me think sciatica but it's like a horrible tight cramp, from my lower back, through my bum and down the back of my legs and to my ankles.

thumbwitch Thu 31-Jul-08 00:55:05

it doesn't sound like normal side-effects of the OC pill - but it might be that. I think you should go back to your GP and get your prescription changed. Tell him/her your symptoms as well - the reason I asked about your leg was just in case it was a blood clot, but it doesn't sound like it. However, it can be tested for and perhaps should be to be on the safe side.

Zebraa Thu 31-Jul-08 09:19:10

I'm at the Drs this morning, I've got really bad pains in my back that are shooting into my hips and when I lay on my front I seem to get a pain in my pack on the LHS! Eeeek hmm

Zebraa Thu 31-Jul-08 09:19:11

I'm at the Drs this morning, I've got really bad pains in my back that are shooting into my hips and when I lay on my front I seem to get a pain in my pack on the LHS! Eeeek hmm

Zebraa Thu 31-Jul-08 09:19:42

back*

branflake81 Thu 31-Jul-08 11:20:17

Just to say what you're experiencing doesn't sound normal and you're right to get it checked out.

However, when I first started taking the pill I felt really odd and my boobs were really tender but it settled down after a couple of weeks.

Zebraa Thu 31-Jul-08 12:30:03

OK, have seen my GP and she has referred my for an ultra sound scan to ''check my tubes''. Being a SEVERE hypocondriac I feel violently sick at the thought of going for this scan. Anyone know how long I'll have to wait for it on he NHS?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now