Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How to treat toddler with suspected worms - WARNING - gross descriptions

(3 Posts)
ittybittysweatytitty Wed 30-Jul-08 20:51:43

DS has had a bit of an overactive tummy for a few days. It followed on after a cold, and I thought it had perhaps gone to his tummy (poo had a bit of a snotty look)

However yesterday found a little white moving worm on his bum. I had worms as a child and it looked the same as I remember, and my mum got me an over the counter treatment.

We have just got back from a couple of days away so wnat to sort this out for him ASAP. Can I get an over the counter treatment or is it better to take him to the doctor? - he is 19 months

Thanks

maidamess Wed 30-Jul-08 20:54:25

Get Ovex from your nearest late night pharmacy and dose him up tonight of you can. Make sure you take the medicine too!

And don't worry about TMI..we've had worms so often in this house we almost think of them as pets.

Slouchy Wed 30-Jul-08 20:56:19

lol at pets.
yep, ovex is the stuff. We are dosing both ends at the mo - ovex for the wigglers, hedrin for the head livestock. <SIGH>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now