Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cradle-Cap in 2 year old

(4 Posts)
NormaStanleyFletcher Wed 30-Jul-08 20:43:40

DD has always had cradle cap - we have treated it with olive oil and brushing only.

I thought it had gone. But it is just that her hair is long so you can't see it, until the huge scales flakes are there in here hair as it grows out.

give me your best solutions that don't involve going and getting some nasty shampoo with organophosphates that won't work anyway

gybegirl Wed 30-Jul-08 20:53:44

Organic baby hair conditioner! - Use lots and lots of it whilst in the bath and then comb it through really gently whilst she's still in the bath, using an adult hair comb. My DD had it until she was two and it all came out easily after two baths. It's unnervingly satisfying seeing the flakes come out!

kingfix Wed 30-Jul-08 20:56:29

Does she also have eczema? mine does and I think the scaly head flares up when the eczema does. Treatment here similar to gybegirl only we use doublebase (eczema cream). Agree it is wierdly satifying combing it out. Also my dd wriggled during combing so we do it in front of tv after bath

NormaStanleyFletcher Thu 31-Jul-08 17:51:08

no eczema - (though her older brother does and it is a family failing)

Thank you for the suggestions - will try organic conditioner

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now