Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

oh my god ds had on factor 50 and has sunburn on his knees!

(5 Posts)
stuffing Wed 30-Jul-08 16:06:11

my ds was in his buggy while we went for a walk both ds`s had factor 50 on just woken from his nap and has bright red patches on both knees obviously where the sun was on him i have applied aftersun but is there anything else i can do ?

Pheebe Wed 30-Jul-08 16:49:09

I put factor 50 on my dss at the weekend and ds1 burnt anyway! Forgot they have a short shelf life and I used the botle from last year!

Not much to do except slap moisturiser on (doesn't have to be 'aftersun' specifically). I've been using Aveeno as we have it for ds2s excema anyway. Ds1 doesn't seem in the least bit bothered. Cool baths and cold water flannels on it if it bothers him, just the same as a 'normal' burn/scald.

hth

psychomum5 Wed 30-Jul-08 16:50:45

if you can get some use aloe vera gel.....fab for sunburn and takes the sting right out.

I know, I use sunblock and still burn<<sigh>>.

Mercy Wed 30-Jul-08 16:53:30

Smear yoghurt on his knees.

ALoe vera is great, we have a plant in our kitchen!

stuffing Wed 30-Jul-08 16:54:14

thanks used aftersun as i had it from a few weeks ago when dp got sunburn he doessnt seem bothered by it it just looks so red thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now