Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

7 week old dd with eczema

(3 Posts)
laura325630 Wed 30-Jul-08 13:50:02

Hi, my dd was diagnosed yesterday with eczema on her face. She started off with baby acne about 2 weeks ago and it got very dry. She has been given hydromol and I have been told to apply it every half hour. Her face is now a little better where it was dry but in some places its quite weepy. I have only been putting on at every nappy change as I think every half hour is too much.

Has any one else used it? Did it work? Im not so sure that it is eczema on most of her face as its only dry on one side. She has also been given some bath oil and I have been told to bath her every day - She only has it on her face??

Any advice or previous experience with this would be appreciated. Thanks x

Pheebe Wed 30-Jul-08 16:56:59

There are some great recent threads on this, do a search with excema to pull them up.

My DS2 was 2 weeks overdue and had terrible skin. Moisturising every day cleared most of it but it persisted on his cheeks. He needed steroids to clear it and control it. He's 8.5 months now and, fingers crossed, its all seems to have died down for now. We have the steorid cream for flares and moisturise whole body morning and night and face with every nappy change.

TBH if docs have said every half hour then thats what you should do. If it doesn't improve in a couple of days go back. The general experience seems to be its a case of trial and error to find the moisturisers that will suit your dc. We tried loads and settled on aveeno in the end.

Hopefully she'll grow out of it.

laura325630 Wed 30-Jul-08 17:35:09

Thanks Pheebe, I will search it now x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now