Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

itchy ears........

(13 Posts)
BuggerTheAnimal Wed 30-Jul-08 13:49:33

is there some reason as to why I always constantly have itchy ears.

I know this may seem trivial, but it is beginning to get to me now and I know I shouldn;t, but the only relief I get is from a cotton ear bud (which I know is worng worng worng, but you try living with eitchy ears!!!)

arghh......

BuggerTheAnimal Wed 30-Jul-08 13:49:57

and I cannot even spell wrong right nowblush

BuggerTheAnimal Wed 30-Jul-08 13:50:28

Oh, tis psychomum BTW.......on a name change for fun!

hellish Wed 30-Jul-08 13:51:17

could be swimmers ear - do you swim alot?
do they hurt when you pull them?

BuggerTheAnimal Wed 30-Jul-08 13:54:17

no to swimming lots........last time I went was last week on holiday and I cannot remember the time before that.

and pulling them relieves them oddlyhmm.

Psychobabble Wed 30-Jul-08 13:55:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BuggerTheAnimal Wed 30-Jul-08 13:59:13

but the reason WHY I started using cotton buds was becuase they were itchy!!!

but then, ear wax would kind of make sense as DH and the kiddies have al been complianing that I have been going deaf recentlyhmm

altho I am not overly concerned about that at time, I can zone their argueing out betterwink.

Psychobabble Wed 30-Jul-08 15:28:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

psychomum5 Wed 30-Jul-08 16:17:07

back in my normal persona......

still itchy<argh>

bitsnbobs Wed 30-Jul-08 19:03:08

Mine get itchy because of hayfever. Try an antihistamine.

herbietea Wed 30-Jul-08 19:12:21

Message withdrawn

BuggerTheAnimal Wed 30-Jul-08 19:14:09

back to other name...

I suffer badly with hayfever and am on strong antihistamines already....but interesting that allergy could be the cause.

still fretting over my 'deafness' and sillyness with cotton budsblush

think docs my be in order.

bran Wed 30-Jul-08 19:34:22

I get dreadful itchy ears caused by hayfever, not at this time of year though I get it earlier in the year. I often go deaf in one or both ears because the ear canal swells. Weirdly I only get it in London, this year I went to Amsterdam at the height of the itchy season and it cleared up completely and came back with a vengence as soon as I got home. It must be a particular tree that is common here and rare in Amsterdam, I suspect poplars.

The spray stuff for the nose is very effective if I spray it in my ears once a day, as is wearing in-ear headphones when outside. I find washing my hair before bed helps as well.

If it is hay-fever try to stay away from the cotton buds as it will push the pollen further in and make them even itchier. It might also cause an ear infection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now