Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Measles advice

(4 Posts)
twinsetandpearls Wed 30-Jul-08 10:36:38

Dd father has phoned and he has measles. Dd has ben with him for a few days. Dd has had the mmr so she will be ok. But i am not sure how the mmr works. Will she carry the measles virus and pass it on to us.

Lemontart Wed 30-Jul-08 10:43:42

The MMR is good but not infallible. Some children who have the MMR will still go on to catch measles if they have been in close contact with an infectious person. Please watch her carefully and keep an eye out for high temp and rash.
I do not know about viral carriers and the possibilities of passing it on to others but hopefully someone will give you more advice soon.
Hope it blows over and she and you all will be fine x

twinsetandpearls Wed 30-Jul-08 10:46:47

Thanks. I will keep an eye on her as she will have been climbing all over her dad and sleeping with him in the morning. As we are in the process of packing to move dd is am sleeping with us as we have packed her room.

twinsetandpearls Wed 30-Jul-08 11:58:54

She has been invited out for the day with some friends should i mention she has been in close contact with someone who has had measles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now