Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

stopping periods

(5 Posts)
themoon66 Mon 28-Jul-08 23:00:53

Damn AF arrived today. Exactly four weeks before I'm due to fly to Egypt for a week of snorkelling, scuba diving, swimming and other stuff in the water in a small bikini and miles from a loo.

Does any wise MNer know if there is any tablets I could take to stop the next one happening and ruining my holiday??? Please???

Lubyloo Mon 28-Jul-08 23:02:46

Yes there are tablets you can take. I can't remember what they are called but if you see your GP then they should be able to help. Enjoy your holiday!

themoon66 Mon 28-Jul-08 23:07:36

thanks luby... I shall ring GP tomorrow and make an appointment. Do you think I can get away with just seeing the nurse?

misi Mon 28-Jul-08 23:11:28

be aware of the side effects though before you take the pills. ask the doc what the pills may do as the pills are similar to contraceptives in that they will interupt the hormone cycle.

themoon66 Mon 28-Jul-08 23:14:57

thanks misi... i will ask. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now