Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone here with arthritis/protusio acetabulai?

(2 Posts)
frazzledfairy Mon 28-Jul-08 20:33:45

i found out about 5 months ago that i had arthritis in both hips, was fairly gutted as i am only 30 but had a really positive chat with physio who said if i maintained my fitness/diet etc it was quite possible i wouldn't need a hip replacement for ages, possibly not ever.

soooo... just got my head round having arthritis but today have been told that i actually have protusio acetabulai (protruding hips) which has caused the arthritis, apparently they prefer to operate on this sooner rather than later as it means a simpler operation, but this means i am likely to have both hips replaced in the next couple of years.

i feel so shit sad have concerns about how i will look after my little ones (ds1 is 7, ds2 23 months and dd 9 months), how we will manage financially if dh has to take time off work, even how i will get up the stairs in my house (old terrace, steep stairs!)

any advice/sympathy(feeling v sorry for meselfgrin) would be much appreciatedsmile

amazonianadventure Tue 29-Jul-08 18:34:59

can i ask how does this present? what symptoms do you have?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now