Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So when doing single vaccs, how far apart did you leave them?

(9 Posts)
jabberwocky Wed 09-Feb-05 09:45:20

We were advised 12 months, but I have now read a post that said someone did them 6 weeks apart. With such a large discrepancy I wanted to try and get a consensus.

Laylasmum Wed 09-Feb-05 09:50:58

HI i didn't use single vaccines but all the vaccines are live so they cannot be given less than 4 weeks apart. I imagaine it purely depends on the clinic you go to. Obviously the longer you leave the greater the risk of contracting disease is.

Davros Wed 09-Feb-05 09:51:49

I was told a year apart although I think they said 6 mos minimum

jabberwocky Wed 09-Feb-05 09:54:18

So have you finished your series Davros? did you do measles, then rubella then mumps? or mumps then rubella?

galaxy Wed 09-Feb-05 10:22:12

We chose to do 6 months apart but they cancelled the rubells one so it'll be 9 months now.

binkie Wed 09-Feb-05 10:25:16

I was told six months.

In the event, though, the difficulties for the clinics in getting hold of vaccines, and the resulting waiting lists, meant that the whole process must have taken two years minimum per child - and is continuing, since dd's mumps jab didn't take and she's got to be done again (now four and a half - started the process when she was around 18 months).

Amanda3266 Wed 09-Feb-05 10:36:17

As far as I recall (from memory) it was Andrew Wakefield that made the "12 months apart" comment. However, I don't think he was being prescriptive as he'd done no research on spacing vaccines. More likely I think he was pro single jabs and just made a comment on spacing them up to 12 months apart. I would go with whatever the clinic advises but be aware that the longer the space the greater the risk of exposure to one of the illnesses.

Yorkiegirl Wed 09-Feb-05 10:45:38

Message withdrawn

Furball Wed 09-Feb-05 11:14:22

Desumo the clinic we used for singles, recommend a minimum of 6 weeks between the Rubella and the Measles vaccine and a minimum of 6 months between the Measles and the Mumps vaccine. We however had to wait 14 months between Measles and Mumps thanks to Mr Blair and theres supposed to be an epidemic on the way!! Yeah thanks.

Our local paper reported everybody including adults should rush out and have the MMR just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now