Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Looking for volunteers to help me in my training in the Bowen Technique - a holistic therapy - for free!

(25 Posts)
Hangingbellyofbabylon Mon 28-Jul-08 08:50:16

I'm in Bournemouth and I'm training to be a practitioner in the Bowen Technique. I'm looking for people to volunteer as case studies - the therapy is extremely relaxing and very effective. You may find it sorts out a niggly back pain or just helps you to sleep better.

To be a case study you would need to be able to travel to my home in Bournemouth for 3 treatments which take place between 5-10 days apart (usually once a week works best). For the treatment you need to be prepared to be in bra and pants (I always mention this so no-one is shocked!) but are covered by a towel so no need to worry. The treatments last about 45 mins and at the moment I have to do them evening or weekends as (like you probably) I have two little people at home.

If you're interesteed or want more info please post here or PM me.

Thanks!

mummylin2495 Mon 28-Jul-08 21:18:03

i live in bournemouth and you can sort out my aches and pains if you like !

Hangingbellyofbabylon Mon 28-Jul-08 21:58:38

Hi mummylin - we've talked before about my baby foxes! I used to be jenkeywoo, you live pretty close to me if I remember rightly. I'd be happy to have you as a case study - will stop me having to beg FIL which could be more than he or I could take! my email is darren dot a dot rowe at tesco dot net - hope that makes sense.. smile

mummylin2495 Mon 28-Jul-08 22:51:19

aha near the roundabout i believe ?????

mummylin2495 Mon 28-Jul-08 22:53:34

baby foxes in your garden ??? i remember.you are less than ten mins away from me i think.have you put an extra dot in your email address ?

Klaw Mon 28-Jul-08 22:53:50

My aunt and her partner live in Poole, I could ask them if they need 'sorting'.......?

mummylin2495 Mon 28-Jul-08 22:54:18

hi klaw ,we meet again !!!!

Hangingbellyofbabylon Mon 28-Jul-08 23:39:32

no, email is as it is without the spaces of course.

mummylin2495 Tue 29-Jul-08 11:52:39

have sent a test email to see that it gets through

mummylin2495 Tue 29-Jul-08 15:17:13

did you get it ??

Hangingbellyofbabylon Tue 29-Jul-08 17:14:58

got the email and have replied - thanks.

pindywop Tue 29-Jul-08 18:02:55

I am in Parkstone and would love to be a case study !

cravingaquietlife Tue 29-Jul-08 18:09:55

<<Waves to all the Bournemouth gang>>

<<sigh>> I'm slightly missing Bournemouth.

Mummylin - Tis Mrsjaffabiffa btw... grin

I'd be case study for you if I was still in blighty..... hope you get it sorted, sounds lovely.

mummylin2495 Tue 29-Jul-08 22:07:20

mrsjaffabiffa have we met before then ?

cravingaquietlife Wed 30-Jul-08 13:16:27

Mummylin - Scuttle/Sanctuary, when "The Challenge" crap was happening. We talked about my old haunts and the many hours spent at the skate park! I live in France now. Remember?

Klaw Wed 30-Jul-08 13:58:55

Hi MrsJ, how's you? [runs up and gives her a big hug]

<<wishes people wouldn't name change, get's very confused>>

Hey Mummylin! [waves]

mummylin2495 Wed 30-Jul-08 14:52:48

ah yes we were talkin about slades farm i believe !!!! i dont like it either klaw ,i never know who anyone is !!!! maybe i am just thick grin

cravingaquietlife Wed 30-Jul-08 15:14:08

but I hated being a biffa............;wink

<<hugs Klaw back>> Yay, haven't "seen" you in ages. I have been staying away from the child birth threads, they were making me broody. Not ready for Number 4 yet! I'm good thanks, summer pleases me, how about you, how's tricks?

Mummylin, yes it was Slades. smile

We are coming back next wednesday for sil wedding, we are really looking forward to it even though it's a flying visit. sad

mummylin2495 Wed 30-Jul-08 15:29:24

was it your dh who lived at e park ??? and i think we talked about the allotments too !!! which have now been built on

mummylin2495 Wed 30-Jul-08 15:31:10

where is silver wdding being held.i am going to wedding reception next week on friday at the wessex hotel,it will be the 08.08.08 !!!! isnt that odd.maybe i better go at 8pm !!!

cravingaquietlife Wed 30-Jul-08 20:08:55

It is Friday the wedding, yes, 08.08.08 it is at The Chine Hotel though......... ahhh shame, that would have been cool and very weird. grin

It's also my dd1's birthday that day, she is going to be 3 and is a bridesmade for her Auntie. Worried she's going to expect the same kind of birthday party next year. grin

Yes, the allotments, I used to live next door to them in St Margagrets Rd. Was a bf at the time who lived there, but not my dh <<giggles at the thought of dh on a skate board or BMX>> <<whispers>> He used to be snowboard instructor but is useless on a skateboard.

mummylin2495 Wed 30-Jul-08 20:49:22

where is the chine hotel ,wessex is on westcliff road,you get to it by going up road by the bic

mummylin2495 Wed 30-Jul-08 20:55:39

is the whole day at the chine ,it is for the wedding I am going to i have to take photos of the bride leaving her mums house [ my best friend ] as they couldnt afford any more money and phographer wanted a lot for that

cravingaquietlife Wed 30-Jul-08 23:27:08

No, The Chine is Spa Rd. Just up from Boscombe Gardens towards the beach. The ceromony is at Holdenhurst Church.

I hope you have a nice day, fingers crossed for some good ole Bournemouth Sun please, my dress is strapless... lol

mummylin2495 Thu 31-Jul-08 11:57:00

oh i know boscombe spa road quite well ,i used to work on the seafront in a kiosk there years sgo.had a boyfriend who was a deckchair guy.it was so romantic ha ha ha .Was fine till i found he had a wife !!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now