Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can this really just be teething?

(2 Posts)
Chooster Sun 27-Jul-08 20:30:30

DS2 has just turned 1 and only has his 2 bottom teeth - looks very cute, but the top two have been threatening to come for a few weeks now. The first has finally made its way through and the second is still a bulging lump. Anyway, I feel like he's been ill for the last 4 or 5 weeks, if its not one thing its another... Colds, fever, coughing, being sick, more fever etc... He was treated with anti-bio's for a chest infection last week, but he's not had a good day for ages.

So today, he's been really grumpy, clingy, generally uninterested in his food, had a fever spike a couple of times and been sick twice (food came up indigested from about 6 hours earlier). Is this ANOTHER bug, or can this really be down to teething hmm.

By the way, he's always been a bit puky since he had reflux as a baby.

preggersplayspop Mon 28-Jul-08 13:45:47

From my own experience I would say a bug, my DS (14 mo) seems to take forever to get his teeth through but there have been a couple of times when i have thought he is teething and its been an infection which needed clearing up with antibiotics. They pick up everything so easily at this age don't they?

Mine was exactly like this last week, clingy, slight fever and off his food. I kept saying I thought he was teething but then noticed a crusty ear. Oops.

Maybe take him to the doctor to get checked out again. They tend to be pretty good about seeing babies I find.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now