Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help newborn DS's leg went blue!

(4 Posts)
SilverSixpence Sat 26-Jul-08 11:24:24

just wanted to check whether i should be worried..i was holding DS (15 days old) in my arms this morning, when the leg that was closest to my body went blue. As soon as I changed his position, the colour came back. He wasn't distressed at all and his leg was warm. It happened again when I was bfing just now with the same leg - he has got pulses in both of his legs but am a bit concerned - has this happened to anyone else?

ThatBigGermanPrison Sat 26-Jul-08 11:26:07

Right don't panic because this does happen to newborns. Give your midwife a ring

Pheebe Sat 26-Jul-08 13:28:54

ds2s arms regularly went blue and cold when he was tiny, he grew out of it very quickly once he started flapping about properly. TBH I'd skip the midwife and make an appointment with the gp because that will put your mind at rest smile

3littlefrogs Sat 26-Jul-08 13:52:23

This happened to ds2. Make sure his nappy/vest or whatever isn't too tight. Ds 2 is also fine - it only happened once, I think whatever way I was holding him, I must have cut off his circulation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now