Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is there anything at all I can do for DD and her stomach pains?

(11 Posts)
zephyrcat Fri 25-Jul-08 21:42:36

I think she's maybe had a bug... she was sick last Saturday a few times, then ok then sick again the next day. Starved her for 24 hours, she was fine for a few days but has had really bad stomach pains ever since. The nurse said this morning it 'just happens' and told me to get her some pro-biotic yoghurt drinks.

It's hurting her so much she has to curl up in a ball on the floor

AvenaLife Fri 25-Jul-08 21:43:42

Where abouts does it hurt? Any diarrhoea/constipation/fever?

zephyrcat Fri 25-Jul-08 21:47:40

I just asked her where it hurts and she rubbed around her belly button in a big circle... she has had some diahorrea but not an awful lot, and she hasn't been sick since last weekend. She has had a slight fever of 99-100 but her brother and sister also have a mild temp and viral rash just now...

LittleMissNorty Fri 25-Jul-08 21:51:09

not trapped wind? Lemonade / Andrews?

Poor thing sad

CarGirl Fri 25-Jul-08 21:52:45

when we had noro virus (?) the stomach pains went on for days afterwards, have you tried calpol?

chocolatespiders Fri 25-Jul-08 21:53:58

not really the weather but hot water bottle

zephyrcat Fri 25-Jul-08 21:56:26

She's refusing indigestion type tablets that dp is trying to convince her to take. I'm going to give her some calpol again I think.
Can she have another yoghurt drink thing if she'll take it or bad idea?

AvenaLife Fri 25-Jul-08 22:14:16

I would give the yogurts a miss until the pain has gone. They might be because she's not been eating and her stomach is going into spasm. I don't think the drinks would help for this, peppermint might help. I think you should take her to see a doctor though just to give her a once over to make sure it's nothing else. smile

whispywhisp Sun 27-Jul-08 09:59:43

How is your DD? Any better?

My DD was very poorly with a sickness and diarrhoea bug back in October last year. Ever since then she has pain around her belly button area in a circle. She ended up in hosp in December because the pain simply wouldn't go away and she would get regular diarrhoea. Turned out she developed IBS as a result of the bug. The pain around the belly button area is the muscles within the bowel going into a spasm. She has been on anti-spasmadic drugs since which takes the majority of the pain away and she does normal number twos.

If your DD still has the pain in the belly button area I would definitely recommend she go to a GP and get it investigated. I also took my DD off of ALL dairy products for a time because dairy can really aggravate the gut.

lilolilmanchester Sun 27-Jul-08 10:04:54

Hope she's better by now. If not, Milk of Magnesia is good for most stomach upsets. The DCs HATE it, so it's good for testing real vs "get out of doing something" stomach aches. I use it myself on occasions. Whether it will help your DD will depend on what's causing her stomach ache in the first place but works for most stomach pains in our house

whispywhisp Sun 27-Jul-08 10:05:52

Diarolyte is good too - you can get flavoured ones as well as plain ones to make up and put in drinks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now