Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

when to introduce toothpaste?

(7 Posts)
highlander Tue 08-Feb-05 16:47:30

DS (5mo) cut his 2 bottom teeth last w/e. He's not on solids yet. I've got a first toothbrush that is composed of little rubber bristles. His new teeth get a quick brush 3X daily just with water.

Should I use toothpaste now or wait until they have grown more?

nailpolish Tue 08-Feb-05 16:52:37

i used baby toothpaste from the start, the strawberry flavour i think, a tiny amount

WigWamBam Tue 08-Feb-05 18:17:24

I used baby toothpaste right from the start too, a tiny little smear either on a toothbrush or (more often) on a muslin square when dd wouldn't let me get the brush in.

vict17 Tue 08-Feb-05 18:20:05

We used toothpaste as soon as we started cleaning ds' teeth - we got a teeny tiny tube in the bounty pack from hospital.

highlander Tue 08-Feb-05 18:36:55

thanks everyone - have just been out and bought a tube of the Oral B baby stuff. These developmental stages are sooo cute (in other words, great excuse to shop )

TracyK Wed 09-Feb-05 10:54:33

any tips for getting the teeth brushed. ds tries to chew on the bristles and keeps putting his tongue out. I think the brush tickles him. It's a bit hit or miss how much brushing actually hits the spot.

nailpolish Wed 09-Feb-05 14:09:23

go to

www.bickiepegs.co.uk

and check out the finger-toothbrushes, they are great!

they are nice and gentle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now