Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Reaction to bites, piriton, heat or late night?

(2 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 25-Jul-08 17:22:34

Cos of course you are all genius diagnosers who can tell me whats wrong with dd without seeing her grin

Went out badger watching last night. Got back 10pm which is late for dd but not stupid stupid late. She was tormented by mossies for the short while we were out. Silly us forgot that shorts would be a daft idea.

Anyway she has 14 bites on her legs. They were already swollen in the few minutes it took us to get home. Gave her piriton and rubbed in anitihistamine cream as well (prob should have used cortisone in retrospect).

Most are just normal large bite sized bites now - a few have swollen up and one is about 5cm round and is pretty swollen. They doall seem to be enlarging now. She did get some really decent swelling with one on her arm last week so I'm not particularly concerned.

Its the fact that shes so floppy (no temp). Doesnt want to play on the wii or her nintendo, doesnt want to play a game with me. Just wants to lie on the sofa and cry. have put star wars on which seems to have cheered her up for the moment.

So what do you think? dunno whether to give her more piriton which will make her even more tired - clarityn didnt touch last weeks bite. I'm not sure whether last nights piriton is still making her tired or what? perhaps it is the heat but yesterday she was fine with it.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 25-Jul-08 17:22:51

sorry it was so long blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now