Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Freckle on my eyeball.

(6 Posts)
honeybehappy Fri 25-Jul-08 15:23:32

Hello

had an eye test yeterday and i was told i have a freckle on my right eyeball, was told to make sure i go for another eyetest in 2 years at the same opticians.

anyone else got one?
Is it just like aa frekle on your skin?

suzywong Fri 25-Jul-08 15:27:30

I had a freckly on my retina an I ended up in the Oncology department of Moorfields ( didn't know wha Oncology was then, thank the Lord) It turned out to be a birthmark. I hope. Detected when they make you out your head in that puppet theatre box booth thing and follow the coloured lights.

Can you see your freckle or is it behind your own eye, IYSWIM?

honeybehappy Fri 25-Jul-08 15:42:42

She said it was right at the back, she said it's ok at the moment cos it's not raised.

chipmonkey Fri 25-Jul-08 16:15:25

These marks are very common and if your optometrist was worried, they would have referred you on to an ophthalmologist. Usually they are similar to skin freckles and need to be watched for any changes.

suiledonn Fri 25-Jul-08 18:40:35

I have an iris freckle - a darker brown patch on the brown part of my eye. I was at the optician recently and they can now take a photo of it and store it on the computer to compare with futute images to see if there are any changes. He said it is like any freckle and to make sure to wear good sunglasses to protect it from the sun. I think it is strange that I have one in my eye as the rest of me is almost totally mole and freckle free.

chipmonkey Fri 25-Jul-08 22:48:35

Just realised your name means "brown eyes", suiledonn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now