Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So, what are the chances DD will get chickenpox?

(8 Posts)
LilRedWG Fri 25-Jul-08 14:52:24

I went to pick DD up from nursery today and was told that one of her classmates has chickenpox. DD only attends once a week, but did have contact with this child last week. What are the chances she'll come down with the pox?

posieflump Fri 25-Jul-08 14:53:09

50 50 chance

posieflump Fri 25-Jul-08 14:53:25

not very helpful but true!

nailpolish Fri 25-Jul-08 14:55:07

my dd1 had it - during this time she shared rough and tumble games, a bath every night and a bed most nights with dd2 - dd2 never got on spot

its totally random

LilRedWG Fri 25-Jul-08 14:57:28

LOL - so, I'll just have to suck it and see then. Ah well, if she gets it, she gets it.

She went to the nursery with the remainders of a cold last week and is still struggling to shake it off, so I wouldn't be suprised if she does.

I'll let you know and come back asking for tips on helping her.

Thanks.

Seona1973 Fri 25-Jul-08 14:57:59

they are only contagious for 1-2 days before the spots come out so it depends when your lo had contact with the child and when they started getting the spots.

Hannah81 Fri 25-Jul-08 14:58:48

its usually about 2weeks after contact - she may feel ill for a few days b4 - cold like symptoms - if she's going to get it she will, you may be lucky though.
good luck
x

LilRedWG Fri 25-Jul-08 15:00:23

Ah, hopefully she'll escape then. I'm presuming that the child has only just been diagnosed as the notice wasn't up when I dropped DD off this morning, just when I picked her up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now