Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

pregnancy after miscarriage

(3 Posts)
purlease Fri 25-Jul-08 13:51:54

In April, I had a miscarriage. Last month I had a chemical pregnancy BFP one week - AF and BFN a week later.

I have read on a number of threads where people have asked for early scans. What is the benefit of this?

The way I feel at the moment, the next time (fingers crossed) I get pregnant I will just hold out on GP appointment until 12 weeks when if I still feel pregnant or have not had AF, I can feel pretty confident of seeing something on the scan.

Is there anything health professionals can do to help in these early stages?

dizzydixies Fri 25-Jul-08 13:57:08

am so sorry for your m/c
I had one with my first pregnancy 6yrs ago and when I fell pregnant again the EPU saw me at 6wks and every two weeks after till I was placed into the care of the normal antenatal clinic

its mainly for reassurance I think, they can monitor to see if the pregnancy is progressing as it should be - I had a mmc so didn't find out till my first scan at 14wks by which point I was all excited about the baby and attached to the pregnancy

they can check the sac/heart beat etc all from about 6/7/8wks onwards

good luck and hth

purlease Fri 25-Jul-08 13:59:34

Thanks.

Mine was mmc as well - so found out at dating scan which unfortunately DH couldn't make.

BTW have just started thread again under miscarriage topic - probably more relevant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now