Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what anti-histimine for hatyfever when pregnant?

(14 Posts)
misdee Fri 25-Jul-08 12:44:35

as am suffering badly atm after cutting the grass.

HaventSleptForAYear Fri 25-Jul-08 12:46:24

I have been allowed something called "cetirizine" here in France through pregnancy and breastfeeding although I was allowed nothing for the 1st 3 months.

You should see a doctor to be sure.

LadySanders Fri 25-Jul-08 12:47:37

i'd be reluctant to take anything (though i believe piriton is supposed to be OK) - i'd recommend a homeopathic remedy from boots - the nelsons pollenna is good, or the new era tissue salts for hayfever. you can take the dose every half hour or so.

Mikafan Fri 25-Jul-08 12:47:54

I was told I could take nothing at all and it was cetrizine I used to take

Klaw Fri 25-Jul-08 12:48:50

Chlorphenamine, which I think is also called Piriton... I'ved used to for itching during pg and for hayfever during bf

RubyRioja Fri 25-Jul-08 12:51:56

I have successfully used at different times of pg

Pollenna
Piriton (towards the end)
and the spray up the nose stuff
rinsing nostrils and putting vaseline up them (very attractive)

vonsudenfed Fri 25-Jul-08 12:54:55

Yes, I was told by my GP that the nasal sprays are OK - in moderation - rather than any of the tablets.

tink123 Fri 25-Jul-08 12:59:29

i was told nothing apart from nasal spray. What a horrible summer i had when i was pg.

EBenes Fri 25-Jul-08 13:01:00

Yes, beconase, because the dose is so small. I suffered with nothing for most of my first pregnancy, despite having been told this, and then finally gave in after weeks of sneezing every few seconds. It takes 3-4 days to start working, but is amazing.

EBenes Fri 25-Jul-08 13:01:48

Chemists will not give OTC Beconase to a pregnant looking woman, btw, you have to get your doctor's permission.

misdee Fri 25-Jul-08 13:03:17

well am 23weeks and dont look pregnant.

dh has just come back with some eye wash whicdh is abit of welcome relief.

EBenes Fri 25-Jul-08 13:04:25

"well am 23weeks and dont look pregnant."

Ooh, lucky you! I am 21 weeks and the size of a house.

misdee Fri 25-Jul-08 13:08:24

not lucky me. i cant get seats on the tube etc when out and about.

i want sdomeone to come up to me and say 'oh i didnt know you were expecting again' instead i get nothing sad

TheHedgeWitch Fri 25-Jul-08 15:14:57

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now