Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breast Pain and Lymph nodes (really really worried)

(9 Posts)
ConnorTraceptive Fri 25-Jul-08 12:15:55

Have been having pains in my breast for a week and have been to see the doctor this morning totally expecting him to diagnose thrush (am breast feeding.)

He did an examination and couldn't find any lumps but did say he could feel a lymph node on both sides.

I've got to go back in 3 weeks to be re-examined. He didn't mention thrush at all and he did tell me not worry as he would be more concerned if had only felt a lymph node on one side. He didn't give any other indication of what could be causing the pain.

I'm in total panick now. To add to my anxiety I've been waiting for a month to have a suspect mole removed which is happening next week so obviously I'm blowing it all up into the absolute worst case scenario.

But if it's not thrush and my nodes are enlarged there aren't many other explanantion are there? sad

shit shit shit.

ConnorTraceptive Fri 25-Jul-08 12:53:26

Pheebe Fri 25-Jul-08 12:54:35

Connor, there are LOADS of explanations for breast pain. Especially while you're breast feeding. With DS1 and now with DS2 I had (and currently) have pain in one breast and occasionally have swollen glands on that side. Apparently its to do with the way I carry them (squishing that boob!!!) and the glands are up and down with my cycle and/or the odd cold or 2.

DO NOT PANIC, don't google and trust your docs

suedonim Fri 25-Jul-08 12:55:05

Don't nodes enlarge for any kind of infection, not just thrush? Maybe you've a low-level infection in the area that you've not noticed. I know it's pointless telling you not to worry but chances are, all will be fine.

ConnorTraceptive Fri 25-Jul-08 13:10:37

thank you both I'm just getting myself into a right pickle about it. TBH if it wasn't for the mole thing I might be a bit calmer.

I haven't googled and I won't.

It's reassuring to hear that there are other explanations though.

loopylou6 Fri 25-Jul-08 16:35:25

thing is though if we all poked round im sure we would all find lympth nodes coz we do have alot of nodes in that area. Is it majorly swollen? Can you feel it yourself?

notasheep Fri 25-Jul-08 17:29:33

Connor-I have a lymph node which seems to to swell up and down for no reason.
At first I thought OMG but i have now had lump for over 10 years!!
Sometimes cant feel it at all,however today its massive,i even asked a girlfriend to feel it and she didnt want to as she could actually see it!!!

Hope this is a little reassuring for you

ConnorTraceptive Fri 25-Jul-08 17:33:28

I don't think either are majorly swollen I can't feel it myself & I'm under strict instructions from the doctor NOT to poke around between now and when I go back.

notasheep Fri 25-Jul-08 17:39:12

Would agree with your doctor to not poke around.
3 weeks from now he may not even be able to feel anything.
If he was very concerned he would have given you a top to toe examination for lumps(well thats what my GP did)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now