Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

PILES alert

(14 Posts)
Flocci Thu 24-Jul-08 23:01:43

Well, I think it is piles ...... did a big poo today and then half an hour later realised I had a really sort of tight dry feeling pain near my bottom. Had a look and feel and there is a small lump the size of a pea hanging out and it hurts like absolute hell. I kind of casually prodded it inside and that feels a bit better but I can still feel it.

What do I do? Do I have to go and see a doctor - I would rather not - will it go away by itself. Will it get bigger? I have never had anything like this before, not even when I was preggers.

3littlefrogs Thu 24-Jul-08 23:03:46

Anusol...........A trip to your local pharmacist might be in order.

cremolafoam Thu 24-Jul-08 23:03:53

get some prep h and try it for a few days .should shrink back and be less painful.use water on loo roll and just dab carefully

Flocci Thu 24-Jul-08 23:08:33

OK will pop into tesco and casually slip a tube of "I've Got Piles" cream into the trolley and hope kids don't ask loud questions blush. God it hurts a lot.

cremolafoam Thu 24-Jul-08 23:17:54

lie down as much as poss.dont sit for long time of you can avoid it.
the cream may take a few days, but it will work.more info: here

Flocci Sat 26-Jul-08 23:50:33

OMG after a day and a half of using the cream if anything it has got a bit bigger I think, more like a grape than a pea and it really really hurts.

Has anyone else sufered with this? Have just terrified myself searching the Internet and am shitting myself that i will need surgery to fix this. Can't believe this has happened.

Every little movement I do sitting down, standing up, anything at all is just total agony in the arse area.

Any positive stories please??????

zwiggy Sat 26-Jul-08 23:53:50

a grape and a pea? you should bloody think yourself lucky, mine were like a bunch of apricots and lasted for three months after birth.

Stand on your tip toes with your arms straight up in the air and try to lean as far forward as poss without falling. This is for real, yes, it really works too.

Flocci Sat 26-Jul-08 23:58:36

zwiggy - how did you get rid of them?

How did you cope - I am just waddling around like a penguin trying to tell the kids that i can't bounce on the bloody trampoline today because my arse is killing me.

Also how did you not pass out when you went to the loo - haven't done a poo since it appeared and am thinking of holding on like a toddler for ever until it goes

solo Sun 27-Jul-08 00:05:01

Don't hold on and not go to the loo...that will only make them worse because you might get constipated. I've had piles for 28 years, but they don't always feel uncomfortable or painful or bleed. Keep using the cream, stay regular and normal consistency with your bowels and be gentle when you wash/wipe etc(and abstain from anal sex til they have shrunk if that is your thing). If they don't clear up(get easier)eventually, then you may need to see the doctor.

Flocci Sun 27-Jul-08 00:11:17

ANAL SEX shock NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

There is a 1 mile exclusion zone around the lower half of my body until this fella disappears completely.

But I suffer from constipation permanently which I guess is why this has happened. My diet is textbook according to the doc re fibre etc i can't cram anymore in and I even take supplements sometimes and even laxatives and i still only poo about once every 5 days - have always been like this.

AW the pain, the pain.

emma1977 Sun 27-Jul-08 12:02:01

Put an ice cube in tissue and push it right up as close to your anus as you can stand and let it melt. Good pain relief amd helps to shrink the pile so that it can be popped back up, so to speak. They often hurt a lot more when they stick out.

Occasionally, they can become 'thrombosed' which is very painful and needs a trip to the doctor to sort out. If it is excruciating despite ice, creams, laxatives, etc. then a trip to the doctor is in order. Believe me, they won't bat an eyelid and there's no need to be embarrassed- most people suffer from piles at some point but not advertise the fact!

solo Sun 27-Jul-08 12:07:57

Have you tried DulcoEase? I haven't because I don't have the need(if I don't go twice a day I'm uncomfortable)but I've seen that stupid advert on the TV for it. Might be worth a try to make things easier? Google it and have a read.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 27-Jul-08 15:27:10

hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/Haemorrhoids.html

Flocci

You may find the above link helpful as this gives more information.

I would consider also visiting the GP asap - they'll have seen haemorrhoids (to give it its proper name) before and won't feel embarrassed. Preparation H will help and also you may want to look into trying anusol.

zwiggy Sun 27-Jul-08 18:01:58

you can try lactulose to ease the pooing. I was convinced they would never go but they have.

Pelvic floor excercises are good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now