Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

homeopathy, anyone any experience of it with baby with digestive or sleep problems?

(4 Posts)
pevie Thu 24-Jul-08 21:46:26

Have just been to a homeopath for my DD who is 14 months and has had horrendous reflux type, wind problems and resulting sleep problems since birth. Previously tried osteopath and chiropractor as well as being down conventional medicine route, and although has improved over time, she still has major problems with wind, especially at night!!! Someone recommended a homeopath so consulted a few and ended up going with one who is also a dr (and consequently cost quite a bit more) she recommended chamomilla and we gave her 3 tablets on tuesday, so far still farty still waking up in night (we have been doing gradual withdrawal for sleep training which has helped waking to go from about 5 or 6 times a night to once or twice a night) She wakes early all the time even though knackered because of wind. How long should homeopathy take to work and has anyone else had positive or negative experiences?

pevie Thu 24-Jul-08 22:00:37

Bumping this before I go to bed, hoping someone has some experiences!!!!

pinkpeanut Fri 25-Jul-08 10:33:28

I'm no expert but I was inder the impression that homeopathy worked quite quickly. Keep going with it though.

I used chamomilla for teething and found it to be crap. Then I found Hylands teething tablets which has other ingredients as well as chamomilla and it is the best thing ever. After 10 mins I have a happy baby again!

Hylands also do Colic tablets which also have chamomilla amongst other remedies, might be worth a try. You can get them from america or just type in colic tablets on ebay.

pinkpeanut Fri 25-Jul-08 10:35:10

www.hylands.com/products/colic.php

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now