Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How much ibuprofen is safe to take in one day? I have an earache OWWWW

(8 Posts)
Carmenere Thu 24-Jul-08 14:55:38

I have 400mg Calprofen but they are not really touching the pain. I have antibiotic ear drops but tbh I am not too sure if they are working as this is day 3sad the pack says no more than 3 in a day but could I take a lesser strength ibuprofen or a different type of painkiller? Help, please, am miserable

Carmenere Thu 24-Jul-08 14:59:29

please <pathetic>

Anna8888 Thu 24-Jul-08 14:59:52

Alternate painkillers - you can take a full day's dose of ibuprofene and a full day's dose of paracetamol on the same day (thought don't do this for long without talking to a pharmacist for advice).

PenelopePitstops Thu 24-Jul-08 15:04:56

alternate with paracetomol

have you been the docs? asuuming you have if you have ear drops

Carmenere Thu 24-Jul-08 15:06:12

thankyou, I have been to the docs but he was useless, I fear I shall have to go again tomorrow. Right I must dig out some paracetomol

Anna8888 Thu 24-Jul-08 15:10:02

Talk to a pharmacist, they are very clued about painkillers IME.

yousaidit Thu 24-Jul-08 15:34:34

Have you tried warm olive oil in your ear? And before anyone leaps in shouting DON'T PUT THINGS N YOUR EAR I will beat you to it, it is obviously not safe to put things you shouldn't in your ear, but since the hospital recently told dh to put warm olive oil in his ear to loosen earwax, you shouldn't come to much harm... Basically, warm up some og standard olive oil (test it on inside of your wrist first or you'll go through the ceiling, when happy with a warm but not too warm tem, drizzle in your ear with a teaspoon, then lie down on your side so it can drizzle into your ear and pop some oil on cotton wool just to pop in the top of your ear so loive oil stays in and gets to work, I rely on this when i get raging ear infections in eve or night andknow i won't be able to get to docs straight away. It won't get rid of your infection but it will temporarily soothe the pain!

Carmenere Thu 24-Jul-08 15:38:20

I will try that too thanks <weaksmile>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now