Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My 'bits' dont look right 6 weeks after giving birth

(2 Posts)
laura325630 Wed 23-Jul-08 21:48:41

Hi, bit of an odd one but I noticed yesterday that my 'bits' are sore when I pee and wipe. Whilst cleaning myself in the shower just now I noticed that I am swollen so had a look with a mirror. It really doesnt look right and is very swollen and looks like they might have stitched me wrong. I had a student midwife but the head midwife watched and doubled checked.

I did start my first period yesterday so Im wondering if it is because of that as I hadnt had any problems before. I havent had sex yet.

I have my 6-10 week check next week. Do you think its worth getting checked before then? Has anyone else had this?

Thanks.

Spoo Wed 23-Jul-08 21:55:01

I think it never really goes back to the way it was before kids. I was VERY sore for a good few months after my first - had episiotomy. I was sure that I was stitched up wrong but I wasn't I just needed more time to recover. Worth asking to be checked at your 6 week check. If they refuse - insist!! You need peice of mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now