Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone used ear bandits for a child with grommets?

(8 Posts)
tutu100 Wed 23-Jul-08 21:44:53

Are they any good. Ds is 3 and has grommets. We want to take him to the beach this summer and thought about getting these, but before I spend out my £12 I was wondering if anyone had tried them.

CarGirl Wed 23-Jul-08 21:45:54

I just used childrens ear plugs and it worked fine but dd was nearly 5

tutu100 Wed 23-Jul-08 21:49:17

Thanks. Where Ds is only 3 he keeps taking ear plugs out. Just washing his hair is a nightmare now only done once a month!

I was hoping that having the band thing on might stop him from trying to take out the ear plugs, but I'm worried he'll hate the band as much and then we've wasted our money.

Did the ear plugs stop water getting in your dd's ears when she was just splashing in shallow water? Ds won't be swimming but he does manage to get water everywhere.

CarGirl Wed 23-Jul-08 21:51:31

she had them for swimming lessons at school and she had to put them in herself!!! Seemed to do the job.

tutu100 Wed 23-Jul-08 21:53:27

Thanks. Where did you get them from? we have only been able to find adult ear plugs so far which are far too big. I think as he won't be putting his head in the water I'd give ear plugs a try first.

CarGirl Wed 23-Jul-08 21:54:57

Hmmm tesco I think, they are graduated so you just put them in as far as you need. Have you looked on line or asked in boots?

CarGirl Wed 23-Jul-08 21:56:38

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Noise-X-Kids-Childrens-Swimming-EarPlugs-Ear-Plug-Plugz_W0QQitemZ320275236010QQihZ011 QQcategoryZ36269QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

some on ebay

tutu100 Wed 23-Jul-08 21:58:42

Thank you. We asked at our local chemist and they looked at me like I was mad so I presumed that ear plugs were one size only, so I didn't try anywhere else.

The hospital haven't reccomended anything other than cotton wool covered in vaseline for the hair washing and avoiding swimming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now