Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

22 month old has lupms in her groin area.

(5 Posts)
strawberriesandcream01 Wed 23-Jul-08 21:09:55

Hi. Dont really know how best to describe this. DD, 22 months was laying flat on the floor the other week, changing her nappy. Right on the bikini line as it were she has these little lumps. At first I thought the were just veins, you know how veins pop out abit as she is very skinny but now not sure. When I run my finger over the area it feels deep, not on her skin. I haven't taken her to doc yet incase it is just veins and he thinks im being stupid!

ArrietyClock Wed 23-Jul-08 21:18:38

Are they where her legs join her body about where knicker elastic would sit? If so they are probably lymph nodes. They are part of the bodies defence system against bugs and swell up a bit (feel like a small pea) if they are fighting a bug. That doesn't mean she's ill or anything! It's all just normal body working stuff.

loopylou6 Wed 23-Jul-08 21:23:32

do the lumps move round under the skin? if so i completely agree with AC it will be lymph nodes

hellymelly Wed 23-Jul-08 21:25:56

They are normal,my dd is very skinny and hers are visible sometimes.They swell up as mentioned in response to illnesses etc.If they seem very swollen then check with the gp but it sounds fine to me.

strawberriesandcream01 Wed 23-Jul-08 21:32:29

Ok thanks. Yes they are where the knicker line is. Not sure if they move around, to be honest it truns my stomache when touching them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now