Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Heart attack ... anyone else had one?

(2 Posts)
Hungrymama Wed 23-Jul-08 19:58:38

I'm 37 with a 5yr old DD and a 6mth old DS and one month ago I had a heart attack (or 2 or 3). I just got my first period (having given up breastfeeding very abruptly due to all the drugs I now have to take and being in hospital) and it is really heavy. I think its the blood thinning drugs I'm on but just wondered if anyone else had experienced something similar. Know its unlikely as I'm a bit of a rarity. Sorry if this is tmi blush
xx

monkeyme Wed 23-Jul-08 21:27:15

Sorry to hear about your heart attack - must have been pretty scary stuff. Although I haven't had a heart attack, I didn't want your message to go unanswered. Like you say, it'll be the combination of anti platelets, and also the fact that it's your first period in 5 months. If your worried about it, keep an eye on how much you're bleeding, and let your GP know.
If you haven't been back to the GP for your lipid level/kidney & liver function tests, it might be worth making an appointment and asking if he'll do a full blood count as well - will show up any anaemia, but also be a baseline for future reference. HTH wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now