Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

When did your first proper post-baby period happen...? Sorry if TMI!

(5 Posts)
misspollysdolly Wed 23-Jul-08 15:33:57

Having a bit of a confusing thing happen and wonder what other people's experiences have been.

One of two things is going on - or potentially both (hmmjoy!). Spent th first half of the morning feeling more uncomfortable 'down below' blush. Needing to pee lots and painful (though not burning), very odd pain in pelvic floor/pubic bone area, achey legs. Thinking to myself I've got a blardy bladder infection - though have never had this or cystitis. Cue first question: could this be what is going on?!

However, after buying some of that Cymalon stuff in Boots late morning I then went up to the loo (again) and although I'm not officially 'on'/bleeding, there was a pinkish stain and also more when wiping my bits and bobs. blush++ sorry for TMI!! Not sure if this can be partof the symptoms of the above problem. (My pee is not pink).

Then it clicked in that I feel a bit like this when I come on (baby is 6 months old today so haven't had proper period for about 15 months!) but not so extreme. Cue second question: When did you get your first periods post-babies and was it like, a total doozy of one - more painful and uncomfortable...? With DS1 I don't recall this happening, but it was definitely more heavy and a bit more painful than normal. But much later - he was about a year old.

Cue third question...could it be both things happening at once?!?

Feeling a bit crappy - hoping everything passes (literally!!) soon regardless of what it is. Sorry for spilling too many of my beans!! blush

EffiePerine Wed 23-Jul-08 15:40:12

5 months iirc

RoRoMommy Wed 23-Jul-08 15:40:19

Mine came back at 13 months post-birth and they've been real doosies...twice as bad (and twice as frequent) as they were pre-baby. It's awful.

Regarding whether you have a bladder infection, maybe if this is how your period felt that is unlikely, particularly if you've never had one before, but do monitor and if the pain gets worse when going to the loo, go see your GP. They can do a quick, easy, painless, non-obstrusive pee-on-a-stick test to confirm.

laura325630 Wed 23-Jul-08 17:08:52

Hi, mine has just started and my dd is 6 weeks old today. I am bottle feeding so I was expecting it to happen soon.

It is different to how it was before and my pubic bone seems to ache??? I guess it is normal as your body is getting used to doing this again after such a long break! I have my 6 - 10 week check up in a week and half so I am going to double check then.

misspollysdolly Wed 23-Jul-08 19:02:37

The pain when peeing is right at the end - as I finishing peeing, like as my bladder is emptying. No burning, which is what I always thought cystitis would be like. No dramatic period has arrived yet, though I await with HUGE towels at the ready!! Think the Cymalon is helping with the pee-problem - tastes like shit though!! Thanks for your responses, guys!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now