Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Thyroidectemies?

(6 Posts)
Juliehafrancis Mon 07-Feb-05 22:04:28

I just wondered if anyone had any info or can tell me their experience. My Dp is due to go in early march to have this operation and I am just wondering what to expect.

Anyone have any experience?

Jules

SPARKLER1 Mon 07-Feb-05 22:28:46

No experience in this sorry but just wanted to "bump" for you. . Hope all goes well for DP. x

Ailsa Mon 07-Feb-05 23:50:19

I'd be interested to hear how you dp gets on, as I'll be having the same op, don't know when yet.

I found this link a while ago when investigating for myself. Hope it helps.

suedonim Tue 08-Feb-05 16:22:50

My dh had a partial op about 10yrs ago. It was extremely painful afterwards - he said he felt like he'd been kicked in the throat by a horse for quite a while (and my dh is not a moaner!). He had the op on a Mon and came home on the Weds or Thurs. Apart from the pain, recovery was straightforward and he was back at work in a month.

suedonim Tue 08-Feb-05 16:25:24

Just looked at your link, Ailsa - Ninewells in Dundee is where dh had his op!!

KBear Fri 11-Feb-05 23:21:58

Yep, I have. In November 2003. I had a benign tumour so had left lobe removed. Big scar across my throat but it is already quite pale and few people notice it.

Would be happy to chat about it if you or your DH wants.

BTW before the surgery I was rigid with fear but actually felt no pain afterwards. Obviously a couple of days later it was sore, bruised etc and I couldn't move head left to right for about three weeks but relatively pain-free I can honestly say.

Kbear

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now