Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I feel awful, please give me some TLC and tell me how to shake this!!!

(8 Posts)
TeaDr1nker Wed 23-Jul-08 11:53:52

I have a cold

I feel awful

My head is bunged up

My ears are blocked

My get up and go has got up and gone - without me

I hate feeling like this

Anyone got any remedies for making me feel better please

This has been going on for the best part of a week

I have taken Bechams Capsules with no luck

Slopes of to bed - but then remembers i can't, have LO to look after...

Seeline Wed 23-Jul-08 11:56:23

No remedies I'm afraid, I just felt sorry for you. I felt like that about 3 weeks ago - it was horrible. I found paracetamol took the edge off it, but really just had to wait until it passed. Early nights if possible hmm.

TeaDr1nker Wed 23-Jul-08 11:57:49

How long will this last - i don't often get ill so am a bit flawed...

fedup1981 Wed 23-Jul-08 12:08:15

Sudafed nasal spray is good for congestion/sinus. Also you could stick a few drops of olbas oil in some boiling water and inhale the steam with a towel over your head, or get a hot shower or bath. But yeah, paracetamol/beechams/lemsip, fluids and rest, really! Have a duvet day, stick cbeebies/cbbc on, throw a packet of jammy dodgers at the dc and try to rest. Hope you feel better soon!

PreciousLilywhite Wed 23-Jul-08 12:09:51

Everything everybody else has said plus a hot toddy at bedtime - hot water, whisky, lemon and honey. You'll sleep at least!

thebecster Wed 23-Jul-08 12:11:54

I've found that taking 'Wellness Formula' herbal capsules helps my immune system shake bugs off faster (they contain echinacea, garlic, propolis, vit C and loads of other stuff). Should warn you that they are mahoosive things, and smell absolutely rank, are quite expensive, bit hard on the stomach, and check the label to make sure you can take them. I have found them really helpful in building my immunity back up after it was wiped out last year (viral meningitis).

TeaDr1nker Sat 26-Jul-08 20:48:26

Ok, so i am now taking a good multivitamin but.....

I STILL have a cold...

My head is still bunged up and and and, i shall say no more about my secretions other than they are green!!!!

Just needed a bit more TLC

PS i have been having hot drinks and hot toddies too....

TeaDr1nker Sat 26-Jul-08 20:48:39

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now