Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this tonsilitis?

(3 Posts)
Eddas Wed 23-Jul-08 07:41:53

On saturday evening I started feeling very cold and fevery, with hot spells every so often. I also had that 'i'm going to get a sore throat' feeling. Then all day sunday I felt like that, but the sor throat feeling turned into a 'lump' in my throat and soreness. The fever had gone by monday morning but since then my throat has been burning. Very little will, if anything, soothe it. I asked dh to look and see if there's any white spots. He said he couldn't see any, but I've now looked in the mirror and think i can see some at the back of my tongue. I had my tonsils out when I was 6 or 7 so it might make them harder to see?

My tongue also feels a little bigger than normal and tingly.

It isn't unbearable but does it sound like tonsilitis? Should I go to the GP? I don't like wasting their time, but if i'll need ab's to clear it up then i'll go today.

Any tips for easing the pain?

TIA

Eddas Wed 23-Jul-08 08:06:43

bump

Eddas Wed 23-Jul-08 13:07:39

one last bumpsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now