Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Wart that looks like a mole - has anyone else had this?

(3 Posts)
melpomene Tue 22-Jul-08 23:42:03

I've got a slightly raised, dark brown patch on my back that I thought was a mole. It first appeared 3 1/2 years ago when I was pg with dd2. I got the GP to check it when it first appeared, and he said it was fine. Recently I thought it seemed to be getting a bit bigger (hard to judge, because it's on my back so I don't often see it IYSWIM). Today I saw a different GP to get it checked again, and she said that she thinks it's a wart, not a mole. She also said there is no treatment.

I'm a bit confused about this because all the sites I've looked at online (including NHS) say that warts are flesh-coloured, whereas mine is much darker. Also, is it possible for a wart to stay around for 3 1/2 years with only slight changes in size? Has anyone else had a wart that looks like a mole?

barbapapa Wed 23-Jul-08 00:01:59

Yes -I have a seborroheic (sp)wart - looks like a mole a bit but rough to touch and does grow a little each year - had it frozen off a few yers ago but it grew back.Perfectly harmless if a little unsightly!
HTH

melpomene Wed 23-Jul-08 00:18:53

Thanks, I've looked that up and it does sound like the one I've got.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now