Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

symmetrical lumps on the inside of my legs, just below knees. Bit scared...

(6 Posts)
fruitsalad Tue 22-Jul-08 23:07:35

I shaved my legs this morning and noticed a couple of hours later that both legs have a pretty bad rash (on the inside part of my legs only). I occasinally get this and put it down to rushed shaving! However, the rash had been bothering me more and more throughout the day as it rubbed on my trousers. Tonight it isn't so irritated but I've noticed the pain is coming from 2 lumps at the very top of the rashy area. It is tender to the touch and looks slightly bruised. I am a little freaked by this as have just googled lymph nodes and found that they get inflamed if something more sinister is happening in the body. Does anyone have any knowledge about this??

Twiglett Tue 22-Jul-08 23:10:20

something more sinister can be as simple as a cold or any kind of bug .. it's the body's immune system please don't be overly concerned

does one have lymph nodes in your knees though?

wigparty Tue 22-Jul-08 23:18:17

Fruitsalad, I don't know if you have lymph nodes in your knees...but I do know that lymph nodes can flare up for any reason.

Ones in my armpit once flared up in response to mossie bites.

Another flared up really big when I had an infected blister.

So if they are lymph nodes, and they have flared up, it's not necessarily for a sinister reason. Have you done anything to yourself recently that might have caused them to flare up (bites? cuts? infections?)

Go and see Gp though definitely if you're still worried.

(bizarre. this is the first time I've looked at health stuff for a while and there's been two threads I feel helpful enough to respond to!)

fruitsalad Tue 22-Jul-08 23:24:09

there are some lymph nodes in your legs but I can't decipher whereabouts they are as the info is a bit medically complex! Only injury I know of is this shaving rash which is not attractive but doesn't seem at all major.

wigparty Wed 23-Jul-08 09:46:30

It really could be the shaving rash fruitsalad but get it checked out if you're still worried. Has the rash subsided a bit? Have the lumps gone down?

rebelmum1 Wed 23-Jul-08 09:59:42

If they are perfectly round and raised, red and itchy it could be a hive, it's an allergic reaction.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now