Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

morning after pill and pregnancy,....please help/advise...

(5 Posts)
LuckyAnna Tue 22-Jul-08 18:51:04

Hello, my OH and i had unprotected sex on friday morning, i took the morning after pill on sunday afternoon. Sunday night i was really really sick and had the runs very badly. {i kept it down for over the 3 hrs needed}

Ive noticed my sense of smell is really strong at the moment, it was like this when i was pregnant.

If i was pregnant what would the pill do to the baby? I know it's just a cluster of cells at he moment but would it harm the babys development in pregnancy?

Im so worried, this has never happened before now.sad

NorthernLurker Tue 22-Jul-08 18:52:37

MAP does not harm the baby. A baby at the stage you're at is incredibly tough and if it's going to 'stick' then it's going to 'stick'. Try to worry - about the pill and baby aspect at least. If you should be pregnant how do you think you might feel?

Doesn't do any harm.

DS1 was born after the morning after pill (not to panic you smile)

It's just extra hormones. Don't panic.

ten10 Tue 22-Jul-08 19:09:00

My DS was also conceived after taking the morning after pill, and he is perfectly normal.

I was rather worried about what the medication might do to the baby, but the doctor kept telling me that there was nothing to worry about, and she was right.

if you think you might be preggers, go and get a test, it will stop you wondering.

LuckyAnna Tue 22-Jul-08 19:11:25

I would have the baby as we really would like another {although a bit too soon, we have a 15 month old already} Any info or advice from anyone else, much appriciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now