Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

very embarrassing questions about toilet habits - TMI alert

(11 Posts)
Sugarmagnolia Tue 22-Jul-08 11:05:50

ok,here goes (probably should name change but can't really be bothered)

I'm having a real problem going to the toilet lately. I'm not exactly constipated as I do go but I never feel like I can finish. It always feels like there's some left that simply won't come out and I have to wipe forever to get clean. Have a sore bottom from so much wiping. Plus feeling quite windy as well, as though it's trying to escape past the stuck poo (sorry!!!). Any ideas what I can do about this???

blushblushblushblushblushblush

belgo Tue 22-Jul-08 11:06:26

piles maybe?

Sugarmagnolia Tue 22-Jul-08 13:30:45

how would i know?

PinkTulips Tue 22-Jul-08 13:43:41

rectocele? if you stick your finger up your fanjo do you feel a lump of poo that you can push and it drops out of your bum?

not that i have this or anything hmm [whistles and backs out of thread]

sound familiar?

Sugarmagnolia Tue 22-Jul-08 13:48:01

thanks for being so candid Pinktulips. not really sure but I have had a feeling that things aren't quite right down there ever since DS was born (he's 5 now BTW - is it maybe time I asked GP to take a look? God, how mortifying!!!! blush)

bubblagirl Tue 22-Jul-08 13:48:08

sounds like piles i have suffered since having ds and being pregnant they do go but i dont eat the right foods so when stain they obviously come back

missingtheaction Tue 22-Jul-08 14:01:55

if it's piles you might be able to feel them when you wipe - feels like your anus is a bit swollen and they feel a bit sore. sometimes they feel a bit itchy too (feel like threadworms - Not that I would know of course blush).

you can push them back in (OK any pretence at discretion now completely gone) with a vaselined finger, and go and get some anusol. (yes, that pointy spout is supposed to go in). apparently good for bags under the eyes too.

Don't worry about the doc being embarrased, at least you will be clean and fresh when you present yourself (won't you!!!)

In the meantime push some fibre through - all bran in my opinion is unbeatable. And drink lots of water.

Sugarmagnolia Tue 22-Jul-08 14:08:58

thanks all, can't believe I am even having this conversation. didn't think there was anything left to be embarrassed about after childbirth but I guess I was wrong.

missingtheaction Tue 22-Jul-08 14:18:11

when i said push through I did mean EAT by the way

Sugarmagnolia Tue 22-Jul-08 14:36:34

thanks missing, I did get that! grin

ThingOne Tue 22-Jul-08 16:51:12

Do go to GP and get him to have a look. It could be all manner of things and best to have it checked. Second he eat lots of fibre and drink lots of water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now